Lucky's Wolf

Lucky's Wolf
This is the Painting I did of a wolf years ago and belongs to Lucky!!

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Okay so I think I have this blogging thing figured out. So now to say a few words.... Christmas was hard again this year... We attended the funeral of a really nice man on the anniversary of my dad's memorial 9 years ago and it brought back a lot of memories. Rick Appleby did a wonderful job.....of making me cry. And Pastor Dale was wonderful also. John Jirik was great about bringing out the fun sides of Greg that we will all miss. I hurt so bad for Greg's family, especially since Christmas will never be the same for them. They will have to work really hard to create some good memories for the grandchildren so that the joy will one day come back. It was a beautiful memorial and I left with a beautiful headache which always happens to me when I cry.

We did have a great Christmas dinner at Ericka and Jeff's and Christmas was a lot more fun with Brody being two this year. He totally learned the whole opening a gift thing. And had so much fun. I had gotten him some Thomas Trains and he played with those a lot. Liz and I had the same thought and she ended up buying the exact same DVD's that I bought for Ericka and Brody. I couldn't help but laugh. We spent Christmas day waiting for Liz and then we didn't get to see her as she was back home in Rapids being sick. It felt like our gathering was incomplete. I miss having her around so much. I just want my kids near me I guess. Anyway she got to come up the next day for a few hours so we got to visit a little.

New Years we were at Ericka's for a Lasagna dinner and it was really good. But I think the peppers in it were too much for my stomach and I ended up going home and going to bed before midnight. I had stomach problems all the next day. I guess rich food is not good for me. I will have to go simpler from now on.

Of course I am not making any resolutions this year because I just disappoint myself all the time. So I am just going to work on it one day at a time. We finally got health Club on our insurance so I will use that a lot. I bought a treadmill over the internet but it turned out to be a dud. I paid 100.00 for it and when I walk on it it blows the fuse after 45 seconds. The person I bought it from did not want it back or give me a refund so I have the behemoth in my house now until I figure out what to do with it. One persons junk has just become my junk....

It is snowing again today and I think we have gotten at least another 4-5 inches. So not much going to happen tomorrow. Today was the Sabbath but we couldn't go anywhere. I will write more about my art on a later date but you can view my art on my blog too.

No comments:

Post a Comment